Deciding on a painting contractor can be stressful, but it doesn’t need to be! Below are a few tips when choosing a painting contractor.
1. Phone 2-3 painting contractors for estimate comparisons
2. When you called, just how many times did you must call before they answered?
3. Once they answered, just how long did you have to wait for them to come to your house?
4. After they did the estimate, just how long did it take to obtain it on paper via email or snail mail?
These questions are important, they are Madison exterior painting indicators of how you will be treated thoughts is broken hired!
If they didn’t return your call exactly the same day you called them, you need to wonder why! If it requires them longer then 3 days and nights ahead out to your home to do the estimate, you need to wonder why! In the event that you didn’t get the written estimate within 72 hrs of them visiting you, you need to wonder why! When they say “well, I am really busy, sorry I couldn’t answer sooner”, that’s no excuse! They ought to hire more painters or workplace help to properly run the business! That could indicate that your job will not be run timely and correctly and important corners could possibly be cut!
Once you have the estimate make sure of a couple of things:
1. That the estimate will be detailed! How will the job turn out to be prepped? Will they prime? How many finish coats of paint or stain?
2. Will high quality products be used? What’s the name of the merchandise? Why do they use the products?
3. Do they have Workers Settlement and Liability Insurances? If a painter drops off a ladder at your home, the liability doesn’t help, you need Workers Compensation!
4. Do they have references?
5. How long have they been in business?
6. Did they place a start and end date for your job on the estimate?
7. Did someone from the company sign the estimate?
Remember, do not pick a contractor because he is the least expensive! There could be a reason why he is cheap and you also don’t want that! It generally does not mean that you will need to go with probably the most expensive estimate, but usually you will find a reason why prices will vary, take the time and call each contractor after you get the price and have why his price is leaner or higher, he could point out valuable reasons for his pricing! Your goal ought to be a superior quality paint job!